Anyone Having Trouble Updating Profile Info

Asexualitic : Meet Asexuals Forums General discussion Anyone Having Trouble Updating Profile Info

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sammie
    Participant

Just curious, I have been trying to update my “Looking For” and “About Me” on my profile for over a week, and constantly get a failure message “There was a problem updating some of your profile information. Please try again.” I have tried over a dozen times. I have tried contacting the site help via the “Contact” button, but to no avail. I was just wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

Sammie
    Participant

Never mind, I deleted it and started from fresh. That worked.

Anonymous
    Inactive

what did u delete exactly? im now a full member and i still cant fix or update profile 🙁 no word back from site ppl either. advice?

Sammie
    Participant

Yeah, I’m a full member too. And also had no response from site people. I had to click on edit on my profile, go to “Looking For” (because that was what I wanted to update), delete everything, and save it. And then go back into edit, rewrite it (well, past what I was keeping, and then update the rest), and then save it and it worked. Good luck.

Rachel
    Participant

I’m having the same issue. I’ll have to try that method.

Rachel
    Participant

That worked, but not right away. It seemed to error whenever I tried to copy and paste anything. And I think there may be a character limit as well. Took me quite a few attempts to get it to finally work.

Felicity
    Spectator

There seems to be an issue with the little smiley faces.

When you write your profile they are just standard characters : ) and that’s allowed.

But when you go back to edit you have these funny little characters 🙂 and apparently it hates that.

Perhaps this helps.

Rachel
    Participant

Ohhhh. Thanks for the tip Felicity.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up