Why can't we search by distance?

Asexualitic : Meet Asexuals Forums General discussion Why can't we search by distance?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

So, I just joined the site, and am interested in participating, etc. But the search function seems really clunky…why can’t we do something like specify a search within our State (if in the U.S.), or maybe x number of miles/km from a given zip code? Seriously, why do I have to tell the program every single time that I’m not looking for someone in, say, Zimbabwe? Are there any plans to upgrade this program? I’m in the U.S., but I’d like to be able to focus on folks that are a little closer to me than, oh, Florida or Connecticut (I on the west coast). Maybe even have a field for city AND State? When I see a guy’s photo with the city name “Springfield” on it, I really have no idea where he is.

From Wikipedia: “According to the U.S. Geological Survey there are currently 34 populated places in 25 states named Springfield throughout the United States, including five in Wisconsin; additionally, there are at least 36 Springfield Townships, including 11 in Ohio.”

So…….Asexualitic…..can you do a little better? Any plans in the works?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow…..crickets. I’m thinking I may have wasted $15.

brody
    Participant

I know that can be really frustrating. It makes the search process that much more difficult. but hang in there and use patience. and know your not alone

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, Brody! Nice to hear the crickets stop, and a human voice! *friendly wave*

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello, I’m new here too and was thinking the same thing! I’d like to meet people in my area but the search function is strange. It’s not that I mind talking to people far away though, it’s just hard to meet up for coffee!

Lisa
    Spectator

Agreed

Shawn
    Spectator

Yeeeepppp…

I was rather hoping this had more going for it than a shiny front page than Acebook but if I can’t find people I’ll actually ever meet in real life, what is the point?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I find this website sometimes be very clunky at time. I’ve only been using this website for several days now.

I think I’ll just give this a try
    My name is Socorro dasilva life in Massachusetts, Boston/Brockton if someone with me for a cup of coffee just message me

remember Internet safety when do something like.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, I agree with you all. I live in Australia and its a bloody huge continent! Someone in Perth is only 4,000kms away from me…
    yeah I’ll just pop over for coffee cause youre an Aussie Asexual. Brilliant…NOT.

Rebecca
    Participant

I’m in Victoria mate and I feel your pain… same with YouTube videos when they wont play or overseas shipping. I’ve actually only just joined but appreciate the warning so I don’t get frustrated when I come back.

Terri
    Spectator

I understand the hardship of trying to build something from a distance. We seem to live scattered all over the world and getting together for tea or a movie or walk is virtually impossible.
    I know not many would do this but I would pick up and move for the right person. I spent too many years in a relationship with the wrong person and gave in to their concept of what a “wife” should be … imagine what I would do for the right person.
    I know somewhere out there is someone for me. Who is strong, independent, fun, playful, bit of a geek and doesn’t want me to change who I am and who I would never ask to change.
    For this person I would leave my city, my province, my country or my continent. We all deserve to be happy. I would shift worlds for the chance.

Sandra
    Participant

I live in the UK and hold asexual meet-ups in my city! But people come from all over UK – pone guy travelled 11 hours on a coach for the last one at the beginning of this month! I love meeting asexuals in person. I have not found anyone romantically suitable yet. So focusing on my career on the right asexual guy comes along!

Violetta
    Participant

The distance is not the huge obstacle. I met asexuals from the foreign countries in my city. We had a good time even though there were some problems like usually. It is pity that most my asexual virtual friends can’t visit me.

Pipt
    Spectator

To the people in Europe, the US is big. One of fifty states is about the size of a country in Europe. Travel is expensive across the US, as is flying to Europe

Sasa
    Spectator

agreed @Pipt. Not that I think I would find many Aces in SoFLa (south FLorida).

Pipt
    Spectator

Hey, you never know, I’ve been on here a few mots and i have seen people from all across the US. I only just recently on here met someone else from around Wachington DC though… Good luck to ya

Donna
    Spectator

Still doesn’t answer the question. Why can’t I search in my area? I hear this question I asked all the time but no one from the site ever answers it. I’m not interested at all, and long distance relationships. The inability to search close to my area has kept me from using this site.

Dan
    Participant

Asexualitic is a much-needed and important site, but it is the most clunkiest, poorly-constructed site I’ve ever seen. You can search by distance, but where that function was once clear, now it’s kind of hidden. To search, click “Members” at the top left, then at top right, there is a pull-down function called “Hide/Show Search Filters.” There, you can then search by country and city. But what happened to being able to limit searches further by age and ethnicity and religion, etc? Also, you used to be able to post several photos one’s page to give a better sense of who one is. I had a dozen. Others did too. Now these functions are all gone except for one’s own profile pic.

Pipt
    Spectator

If you want to find others nearby, use ACEapp. Asking the users why the site is a certain way does not actually get you information because we don’t work for Asexualitic. I know it is frustrating not to get a response, but it is because you are asking the wrong people

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Pipt.
    Dan
    Participant

Thanks for the tip on ACEapp, though I suspect it may be more useful to you young sprites than to us old farts, but maybe I’ll try it out and see.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up