- About me
Physical location: Rotterdam, NL. I don’t do virtual travel.
You might be a fisherman, I’m not a fish. Casting the net hoping to catch a quality haul? That should work in actual fishing industry but hardly on a dating site. That said, no one-fits-all, copy-paste, or 3H (”Hi”, ”Hey”, ”Hello”) messages please.
At the age of 30, I realized I shouldn’t spend my time and effort in a scattershot fashion. I don’t see the point of answering a message that lacks substance.
Ah, the rule breakers……
My real name is long and difficult to pronounce, so please stick with ”Spookuur” for a less intensive syllable workout.
I don’t have colleagues or friends to describe me so I have to do it myself (if they’re to describe me then there’s nothing positive), trying to stay objective and neutral:
Unreasonably neurotic, razor-sharp, frightfully blunt, appallingly rigid, grammar nazi, reserved, wonderfully random, cynical, pessimistic, somewhat immature, eccentric, witty, deviant, rather-broken-than-bent, all-or-nothing, conceited, a hardcore introvert, sarcastic, generally detached and uninterested, socially awkward.
The good thing is, I’m pretty much who I say I am.
The bad thing is, I’m pretty much who I say I am.
I try to stay open-minded about almost everything, except grammar and spelling. Can’t compromise on that.
Asexual. Atheist. Asian, Atypical, Asocial, A-bloodtyped. Oh and (far) Left on the political spectrum (communist. Call me commie if you like. As if that will hurt me in the slightest).
Self-composed. Self-restraint. Self-contained. Self-deprecating.
– ”Hey sweetheart, sex?”
– ”No thank you. Life fucks me everyday.”
Intelligence turns me on. I’m very drawn to females who have subtle femininity, not those types that wear tons of makeup or proclaim their rights being females, but really just like, hmm, how should I put it, when you look at them, even without speaking, their gentle presence can ease your worries, give you strength and make you think life is worth living even when you’ve just been through some serious shit.
A few (random) things/people I like:
– Quality Trance Music (nothing like Armin van Buuren), Classic, Chillout, Underground, Ambient and Experimental
– Green tea, white tea, chrysanthemum tea, some tisane and Rooibos (Paulsen Tee)
– Quality food (preferably Chinese food) – Good (historical) fictions, fantasy and horror stories
– Baldur’s Gate 2 (the original one, not EE) (Larian is making BG 3… Can’t wait. I never thought BG 3 would be released in my lifetime…)
– Rohrer & Klingner
– British Comedies
– Nature (forests, mountains, oceans. I loathe big cities)
– Intellectual conversations
– Things implied, perceived, felt and not expressed
– Belgium, Ireland (both the republic and its fair northern neighbour), Germany, Russia and China (this last one goes without saying)
– Anything nostalgic and old-worldly
– Tyndall Effect in forest
– Julian Assange, Chelsea Manning, Edward Snowden, Iris Chang, Raoul Wallenberg, Karl Marx, Friedrich Engels and Jeremy Corbyn.
A few things I do not like:
– Being social
– Telly (I stopped watching TV when I was 10)
– Arrogant, ignorant and judgmental people (arrogance and ignorance is a disease worse than AIDS, and there’s no cure)
– Racism, sexism, xenophobia, homophobia etc. (actually discrimination in any form)
– Being dragged out for outdoor activities (unless it’s for a walk at somewhere picturesque, or museum or gallery)
I have a soft spot for the non mainstream groups such as LGBT+ and PTSD (I get along with such people amazingly well, and autists).
I speak Chinese, Dutch and English. I also understand some German. I would like to learn German properly, and Russian as well.
Sing like a crow, dance like a bear. Can’t do sports at all. Played badminton with my mom (when I was twenty) and sprained my ankle within 10 minutes. My mom thought I was a 弱鸡，I had to agree with her.
My faults are many, and my virtues few, but my humanity remains and shall remain intact.
Everything you need to know is listed in the profile (religious or not, smoke or not, drink or not, omnivore or vegetarian, race, languages spoken, etc). Anything not substantial is deliberately omitted (height, weight, body type etc.).
Aldebaran / Vela / EMD
I’ll only answer messages in which I’m personally addressed, or I’d assume it’s a copy paste message which will be… you guessed right: discarded. My brain works in such a way that if I’m not personally addressed I’d think the message is not for me, say, a spam. And what would you do with spam?
Isn’t it common courtesy to address people properly? Those who say No, I dread to think what kind of upbringing they’ve had.
I’m only looking for frienship, with both men and women, regardless of age, skin colour, cultural backgrounds etc. Fellow atheists/socialists preferred.
If interested, you can read my full bio on OkCupid.com
Email: [email protected]
Detailed Profile Info