- About me
I’m a pretty laid back person living just outside of NYC. Life can get pretty monotonous if you don’t do anything about it, so I try to be adventurous and try lots of new things, whether traveling to weird places, eating somewhere new, or learning something new. With that said some days I’m very content staying in and kicking back with a good book or movie. Since the rent is too damn high on this site, here’s some contact info in case anyone wants to chat:
j2k15 on acebook/aceapp
Some things I do in my spare time:
– I like to read a lot. A non-exhaustive list of books/authors/genres that come to mind – Dune, Song of Ice and Fire, Hemingway, Steinbeck, LeGuin, McCarthy, and lots of nonfiction about whatever interests me at the time.
– Trying to learn Spanish. After about two years of this I can actually read for fun and listen to podcasts. Last time I tried speaking to a native I got laughed at, so that part still needs a bit of work.
– Running. This is more of a way to counter sitting at a desk all day than something I enjoy. Although it does feel great after the fact
– Travel. Cliche but I’ve found this to be the best source of new memories/experiences in my adult life. Lately I’ve been to Denmark, Canada, Japan, and Thailand.
– I do data analytics for a living. I generally enjoy it, but tend not to think too much about it outside of work.