We, the aliens! Also New person, HI!

Asexualitic : Meet Asexuals Forums General discussion We, the aliens! Also New person, HI!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Angelique
    Spectator

Hey, so, I’m the girl sitting in front of her computer screen at 2 am in the morning finding herself wondering how her life had changed so much in just about a month. Friends and … people in general call me angel and I’m a Biromantic Asexual. Damn… I never even knew what these title thingies meant about three weeks ago. I quit smoking five weeks ago, fell out of the closet two weeks ago and now I just paid for what I hope is a dating site catering to my specific… rather new, sexual orientation.

Now I’mma be ranting a lot, and asking questions because I need to know… AM I THE ONLY ALIEN HERE?

Have you felt like this too? Like you’re talking a different language to the rest of the world? Like you are just a weirdo?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi there.

If you’re referring to how you just can’t seem to understand why people around you (or the world in general) seem to be motivated by something that you can’t just grasp…then, yeah. Been there, done that.

Though of course, you could be talking about something else entirely.

Anyways, formal welcome!

Kai
    Participant

I’ve felt like an alien all my life.

Angelique
    Spectator

No, Daniel. I was referring to how they look at me. How they handle me. How they judge and how I just don’t fit in. Makes me feel like an alien. I understand why they are driven by sex. It’s an animal instinct. Obviously they have the right set of chemical and emotional alignment to make them driven by this one think where as we, as Aliens, don’t. Makes me feel both sad and proud. Kai understands a little it seems.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Completely understand this. It’s a really liberating feeling when you find out that this is a thing and many other people are similar! Alien no more!

But hey, I’ve always thought being weird is a good thing :). Why follow the rest of the sheep, it’s no fun.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s good to be diffrent from the crowd. But I know the feeling of being a bit isolated, but being on hear with like minded people will help as you are not alone in how you feel.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi i’ve always felt ” Is it just me ” ..as i never even knew what asexual was until the start of this year…fed up with thinking i’m not normal..all my friends THINK i’m gay…just because i don’t date loads of women…i would love to date a woman who is like me ..not just driven by sex…, i still find women attractive …i still want to be with someone and show affection ….i want to be loved …but i’m not sex driven ..does this make sense to anybody else…i want to share my life with someone ..but there is NO ONE in my area like me ..so yes i do feel like an alien….just wish i can find THAT person soon..cus its getting to a point where i’m gonna end up on me tod….sigh….cheers PB

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m sure you will find someone soon if not you can get a dog they are better then people anyway.

Anonymous
    Inactive

i would love a dog…but i live in a grade 2 building so no pets are allowed sadly , …and this is the first time i have even looked for anybody really ..hope i can find some one with the same interests as me…fingers crossed

Anonymous
    Inactive

From the time I was little, I had this notion that I chose to be human; and that had I wanted, I could have been something else entirely, or stayed in the state I once was. And until I leave this world, I will honor that decision.

So.. I’ll just leave it. πŸ˜‰

Kenna
    Spectator

Damn, I thought this post was calling all aliens… -hides antennae-

Here’s my suggestion. Find someone who finds your asexuality absolutely hilarious. My romantic rebuff stories are crowd killers.

If someone’s pressuring you for sex, just tell them why they couldn’t get laid even if you were sexual, id for id.

If they’re telling you it’s just a phase, let them wait. My poor mamaw is going to leave this good earth before she hears of my marrying, bless her heart.

And if they think it’s a symptom of something wrong with you (e.g. depression), make them think you’re the happiest, healthiest mother around. Because you know you won’t have to put up with half the drama they do in their pursuit of Γ‰ros.

Whitney Tolliver
    Spectator

I think on some level we are aliens to the rest of the people out there and they judge because they just don’t understand why we are the way we are. As long as you understand and accept yourself, I think you’ll do just fine πŸ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think accepting that you are different from other people and that because of the way you think or act isn’t wrong …it’s just another way of showing love and affection…but try explaining this to most people and they just screw their faces up and stare at you ? …but at least its a start for most asexuals just to talk about…i’m still trying to pluck up the courage to chat about it as most of my friends think i’m gay beacuse i don’t chase women 24/7……sigh ..i am straight by the way..just saying..cheers PB

justpasnthru
    Spectator

Hi Alien, haha I’m so new that I’m still in the wrapper but this seems like a place I wanna be right now, as fd up as I am I feel like I’ve finally found the right place to say this. I’m old compared to you guys posting and I have to say kudos to all of you for realizing who and what you are at an earlier age than me. Peer pressure and the 70’s made me do a lot of things I never wanted to do and now I’m finally coming into my own and understanding that I never wanted sex in the first place.

It’s a hard reality and I have tons of regrets but I just wanted to say that you all are my heroes, it takes a lot of guts to put it out there that you don’t want sex, it’s a dirty, dirty thing and it causes way more problems than it’s worth – ever. Yes, yes, yes people talk about how it’s a beautiful thing and it is under certain circumstances I wouldn’t have my wonderful son if not for it. But “it” is the problem in every relationship today, there’s way too much emphasis placed on it and it’s so very unimportant to a great relationship.

For instance, I have a neighbor that is 10 years younger than me but we hang out every day for about three hours or so just talking and laughing, no pressure to make anything more out of it than what it is – a friendship. I’m female and he’s male and there’s never been anything inappropriate going on and there never will be. I can deal with **** like that you know.

Gotta go but more to come…..

Angelique
    Spectator

Janice. It’s never too late to realize you’re an alien. Please realize that when I say Alien I mean we, as aces, look on these other human folk with curiosity and we know we don’t fit in with them because we are different. Sometimes I feel like I am above them and looking down and wondering why they think the way they think, say what they say and do what they do. I do not understand the whole sexual desire thing and the desire to run in a pack. I have never wanted to be part of a group and never wanted to be held down and restrained. It seems so strange to me that they do. I’m fascinated but at the same time disappointed by the fact that I lack the qualities they have.

Tori
    Spectator

Whoa, super deep discussion! Heya everybody, I signed up yesterday. This is all very interesting!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve never really felt like an alien, but i know my friends and family see me as one. Kinda getting fed up with my Mother telling me ”It’s not natural”

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

Γ—

Γ—
FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?
Γ—

Go up