I wish this site would let you pick both male and female.

Asexualitic : Meet Asexuals Forums General discussion I wish this site would let you pick both male and female.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

I’d kill to have that as an option here. The men on this site seem more active any how.

danny
    Participant

Yes I would like to chat to men and women also,for occasional friendship really but you never know?im mainly looking for ace girlfriend but sometimes im drawn to guys if we click:)

Laine
    Spectator

I agree!

Lia Thiessen
    Spectator

I wish that as well, and there should be an app. I’m thinking of making an app for Ace dating / friendship. There doesn’t seem to be one. This site feels dead. It says it is for both friendship and dating, but then asks if you are seeking a man or woman as if you should have to choose. I have found that you can search for both simply by not specifying on the search form.

Greta
    Spectator

@lia thiessan you should definitely make an app if you are able to. this site is so unactive it seems and it would be nice to have the option to look at choose a multitude of genders when seeking others.

Sammie
    Participant

I do to. I am panromantic, so the gender of a potential partner is not a worry for me. I’d love to have that option.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Sammie.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m the same way, I’d love to chat to both!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I second that. And i’d like to add ‘in between’ as well, because i simply don’t care, and i’m only a right fit for people who don’t care either.

Sunny
    Participant

I’ve been on this site since it started and I’m still amazed they don’t have that as an option. I’d also like better gender options for myself, nb aces are kind of shafted. I haven’t been on the site in a long time and I was thinking about getting back into it, but it seems there haven’t been any improvements to the site since the last time I used it, which is sad.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Right? I keep coming back and switching back and forth between male and female in the looking for option. It’s really kind of annoying. They should have the option by now, considering the site’s been up for ages.

Anonymous
    Inactive

yes! Omg I want an app so badly. If I had the coding skills I would do it in a heartbeat. With easier messaging systems and all that. An ace version of tinder or something without the obvious lustful intentions would be kind of cool.

Sarah Thompson
    Spectator

It’s really annoying because I fall in love with who the person is and not their gender. It’s really frustrating that you can’t pick both and that your options get so limited. I’ve also found that when I’m matched with someone, male or female, they don’t have anything on their profiles and haven’t had any activity for almost 3 years.

Meadow Rain
    Spectator

but still the question would be… are you romantically seeking male or Female or looking for (male) or (female) as a friend …so one could still the state same as already placed there. Still confusing..
    This question could also mean do you want to be mentioned as male and female or neither. I often do not check that space when stating my opinion on internet nor do I state my age.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Meadow Rain.
    Jack
    Spectator

Yes I agree. I was surprised that they didn’t have a “both” option.

Anonymous
    Inactive

They kind of do have a “both” option. When you’re doing a search, if you leave the “Looking for” option empty then your search will find both sexes, presumably those who are also looking for someone of your sex.

time machine
    Spectator

I wish I can make a profile for my cat. He was neutered before I got him but I’m sure he’d like to meet other asexual felines. 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

Neutered doesnt equal ace of course 😛

But like i said, this is all very frustrating for non-binary and trans folks. 🙁

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up