How does the "match" algorithm work?

Asexualitic : Meet Asexuals Forums General discussion How does the "match" algorithm work?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Chu Mou
    Participant

Hi Friends!

I have a question about the match percentage when looking at others’ profiles on this site. Does anyone know how that’s calculated and if there’s a way to search by percentage? I was just curious if anyone knew.

Thanks and have a great day everyone.

Mathenge
    Spectator

Hi Chu Mou, i can’t help you on that topic but i can refer you to a specialty website called “stackoverflow” google it, it’s likely you’ll find an answer there.
    The website’s description is ‘A language-independent collaboratively edited question and answer site for programmers’.

Out of curiosity, what subject do you study?

Chu Mou
    Participant

OK. I’ll check it out. Interesting you should ask me what I study. I studied computer science in college and grad school, but didn’t like it after graduating and working as a programmer for a few years. Now, I’m trying to get an Associate’s in graphic design. I hope to do UI/UX design for websites and mobile apps. Thanks for your response and tip!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Chu Mou.
    Lenka
    Participant

It works – it doesnΒ΄t match me with anyone, which is like my real life! πŸ˜€

Chu Mou
    Participant

LOL. Lenka.. that’s such an awesome response!

Anonymous
    Inactive

haha Are you kidding Lenka?? You and I are like a perfect match! xD Except for the fact that you like metal. I don’t like metal at all. I guess that’s why we have a 1% compatibility rating.

..just goes to show you. πŸ˜‰

I really think they were going to develop the match calculator, but didn’t get around to it. So, instead we just get completely pointless numbers.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just taking a guess here… Since you can only get a match rate of 1 or increments of 10, 1 is for those who arent the gender you are seeking/seeking another gender than your own. Each 10 is probably a fulfillment of criteria (simply true or false, but mutually so using exclusive-or logic) such as age range, body type, ethnicity, religion, and the sharing of atleast 1 interest. I havent seen 40 30 20 or 10 results so they base value must be 50. Just a theory. Havent tested it cuz im lazy and the match % is worthless to me anyways lol

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m matched 90% with somebody who lives just an hour away so I’m guessing location plays its part.

Chu Mou
    Participant

Wow. Yura, Mike, and Shaun… you guys make great points! I haven’t noticed anything between something really low like 1 or something really high like 80-100%. I don’t think their algorithm is very sophisticated. Nothing even close to the other dating sites. Oh well. Just a pointless number then. No biggie. πŸ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

So has anyone come across a 100% match with someone yet? Just curious.

Chu Mou
    Participant

Yes. All the time if I do a search for Female seeking Male between +/- 5 years my age. It’s almost always 100%. πŸ™‚

Joy
    Participant

I have gotten my first 100% match, but it made some sense because we clicked all of the same interests, or just about anyway. I am also curious how it works too.

Chu Mou
    Participant

You’re right Joy! I agree. I selected a bunch of interests b/c I have a lot of hobbies! πŸ™‚ So I get quite a few 100% matches.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I kinda wish we could weight the items in our profiles, add stars or something, so the simplistic algo would know what’s just peripheral and what actually matters.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had one. Made me smile abit πŸ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

Meh, if i ever came across a 100% match i’d probably to lazy to start anything anyway.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

Γ—

Γ—
FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?
Γ—

Go up