Getting Started – Hi!

Asexualitic : Meet Asexuals Forums General discussion Getting Started – Hi!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Twilight Clarke
    Spectator

Hello Ali and Justin ^^
    Starfish, that’s a new one D: I just give up half way through and say yes and I will photosynthesis my way into immortality.

And I would love to workshop on mindfullness. But what type? And how do plan on going about it? I go with caution with it, for while it can extremely helpful. I’ve noticed many ignore the dangers of it. I suggest you look up the case where ordinary sane people signed up for a mindfullness social experiement; and because the people who set it up and the participants didn’t know what they were getting into. None came out unscathed and one of them got sectioned because of it. ( not everyone can face their mind and that’s okay ) I’m not trying to be negative, I’m all for mindfullness! Or mindscaping as I call it, it’s been wonders of help to me and others. I just wish people do thier research, before going head first without acknowledging the potential negative side-effects.

Dancing one of the best exercises? ( but I’m bias as a dancer myself :p )and going and escaping into another world through music, even for a little awhile.. And I agree with you Ali, life is a dance!

Congratulations, to anyone finishing reading this monologue D:

Ali
    Spectator

Hey twilight, and all,

Mindfulness and danger together is a new one on me lol I would say that if in deep depression or severe mental illness it may not be the best thing and to discuss with you doctor of course. The ‘type’ I learned to teach was based on MBSR and MBCT. All studies have were conducted in Universities in the US and UK. I’m not sure what sites you have been looking on but I guess there is always some people can have extreme experiences. It’s not hypnotism you are talking about? That I would understand would unearth something quickly.

I’d be doing an introduction to mindfulness based for work as that is who doing workshops for. There will be some practices but I can honestly say I’ve not had anything negative as such. Some people may get a bit anxious if new experience but none have been sectioned. Once first practice completed and they understand it a bit more they get into it. Some just don’t like it. I can set up skype and if technology allows I can share the slides otherwise it’ll just be me talking and you sharing if you wish. Does that ease your mind at all Twilight?

I’ll let you know if get dancing lol What dance do you do Twilight? Anyone else dance?

lol Some of these chats are long but that is part of the fun isn’t it πŸ™‚

Alice
    Spectator

Hello everyone! It is great to know that I am not alone and that there are some other people, who are like me)

Ali
    Spectator

Hey Alice. It is great isn’t it! πŸ™‚ It is nice to meet you. Welcome to this chat.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey everyone! I’m new to this site and actually very glad to find it πŸ™‚ I finally realised I belong to the ace spectrum but never had a chance to meet ace people but I’m sure that’s gonna be a nice experience.

Elizabeth Sharp
    Spectator

I live/from California. Texas is quite another country. They say there are 3 major states that are trailblazers. California, Texas, and New York. I have found this to be very true.

Last Christmas (2015), I visited my little sister in Austin, Texas. I assumed that Austin was pretty progressive as it was with so many things. I went on an online forum to try to meet some locals and I was surprised at all the bigoted responses I got…I thought to myself, Seriously? You are going to chew someone out for NOT being sexual?
    God! I am an advocate for sex trafficking and that is what should be hated. I am tempted to say, “Whats wrong with Texans?!” Because I have only felt hurt and abused when I was in “that state”and it was so unexpected. I never want to go back. So strange. I went back to calling myself, celibate. People get that.

Ali
    Spectator

Hey there Valentine and Elizabeth, please to meet you.

Glad you found us here and I hope it to be a nice experience too.

What are Trailblazers? Being from the UK I don’t know lol

It is sad how some people, quite a few people, are still closed minded. I few posts earlier, Twilight mentioned about the lack of awareness in asexuality. Educating people could be helpful but something will always bring out the fear in people and create prejudices. I think you are on to something there too about what people can or cannot understand. Celibate or asexual – different things but one is more known and acceptable.

Twilight Clarke
    Spectator

Hello again ^^
    And welcome Alice, Valentine and Elizabeth πŸ™‚
    And yes it does, Ali thank you ^^ And for some people, unfortunately it can be bad thing. I can link the sites, it would probably explain it better. And Tap and Modern at the moment. Would do more, if I had the time ^^ I hope it’s dance! ^o^ I also think it the confining nature that society has that doesn’t help. Placing asexuality and celibacy together as one, is easier to understand apparently. “Romantic and sexual orientation go hand in hand.” Rather than even accepting the possibility that it may be separate for others. In society that lumps things together, it’s sadly uphill battle to fight πŸ™ but going to keep optimistic about it, I think with time more people could understand.

Yay! For another monologue XD

Ali
    Spectator

Hey Twilight. If you could send me some links that would be great. Always interested in the other side and helps my awareness πŸ™‚

I don’t see how putting them together helps their understanding when different lol Maybe others lack of wanting to understand, you are right from your original post about awareness is required. At least there are a few sites with some explanation and in time people could understand. I found people think I’m going to change when meet someone. I’ve even know someone testing me by talking about sex a lot to see my reaction. I let them talk. I’m don’t do game playing, the more they do it the more they push me away. Oh well.

Sounds so fun to dance. Not sure i can at the moment financially but I dream and hope and as I am dancing through life I will keep on dancing there. And in my living room have a bounce lol

Happy Monday! Busy weekend. Gonna be a busy few weeks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello everyone. Personally I came here in hopes of finding others like me and connecting in many other ways be it platonic or romantic connections.

For this website there needs to be more gender options and an active chatroom would be nice!

More awareness of asexuality would be great. I am certain there are many people out there who are not even aware of what it is or that they are in fact asexual themselves. I was one of them. At least I always felt a bit different…but didn’t know such a thing was possible! So if not for the people who are not themselves at least the people who are will know about it!

Reinhart
    Spectator

Hey everyone. Came on this site looking for a romantic relationship with someone who doesn’t have sex on their mind. I’m at this point in life where I really doubt I can find anyone who’s right for me so this is sort of my last resort.

Cheers, don’t hesitate to contact me.

Jennifer Roman
    Spectator

Hey, so I’m new here and I’m just looking for friends or maybe a romantic partner. I’m biromantic but that wasn’t really an option in the profile selection. :/

My sexuality was something I’ve always been at least subconsciously aware of. Honestly for the longest time I just thought that there was something wrong with me and I’d end up wanting physical intimacy eventually, my parents kept telling me that I would. Never happened.

Unfortunately, I live in a very small town and that means that I don’t have many friends and that there is zero chance of finding a romantic option where I am. This is basically my only hope for socializing without someone expecting more than I can give.

Ali
    Spectator

Hey there Chantal, Reinhart and Jennifer, good to meet you.

So much said. I was like you Chantal, I knew I was different and wasn’t expecting to be able to label it, though I did, ‘broken’ lol It does seem awareness is something everyone wants.

I’ve flipped it and now I realise and feel me this site was just the beginning. Though finding someone I do feel I’ve missed the boat sometimes but I guess life is full of surprises and I do try to stay trusting that I’ll meet someone. Though meeting like minded people like you all is a fab place to start!

Yes more option choice would be good and for when searching. We thought it was the programme more than the web owners as I’m sure they would have put them if could.

I hope we can keep this chat going at least it will be a good place for everyone to chat and share. Hope to chat more.

Happy Tuesday!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey, so nice to meet y’all. Just putting out there, but I joined this community to hopefully make some likeminded and yes-ace- friends. So I hope to get the chance to be able to chat with you here, and get to know a little bit about how others are.

So a little about me I like to consider myself panro, but as previously mentioned by Chantal and Jennifer, there isn’t an option for “both” or “any”. ): though I hesitate to say demiromamtic, I do prefer to get to know someone first before I go into having any romantic feelings.
    So platonic relationships is priority for me anyways.

But again, enchantΓ©. ^^

Ali
    Spectator

Hello Cynthia, nice to meet you. I’m still working on where I am on the spectrum as I was confused for so long. I used to be quite a black and white thinker but seeing that all of life lives on a spectrum it can sometimes be a bit confusing.

What has been people’s experiences on finding their place in the asexual spectrum?

Martin
    Spectator

hi all, bit new to the world of asexuality but I guess I’ve really been in it all along without having a name for it. I’ve been vaguely aware of its existence for a while, and every time I saw I thought “maybe this is me” but then never gave it any further thought. But an article I saw on the BBC recently brought it up again and this time I started exploring a bit more, which kind of led me here. Things start to make more sense when you can put a name and a lot of faces to it, makes you feel less weird and more confident in your own feelings.

Also, if anyone is interested, there’s a link to it here http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/35983098/asexuality-i-have-no-desire-to-experience-sexual-attraction-and-never-have

Ali
    Spectator

Hey there Martin and good to meet you.
    Thanks for the link. Very interesting. Like you it took me a while, I was looking for something that just wasn’t gonna happen. I understand a lot more. Still not 100% sure of my full ‘label’ as such and not open to everyone.
    I heard the term on First Dates lol, and thought that sounds like me. Feeling brave to actually face this side of me as I did think sorting this all out would be difficult and lots of delving deep into the unconscious sorting issues, it turned out to be one the easiest things I’ve ever looked at, yay! My whole past makes sense now! Facing some of that was actually harder but now the other side it is great!
    Look forward to chatting πŸ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

And now I feel a little bad. I dropped off the face of the site for a bit and it seemed like this page slowed down. I had liked how Ali either accidentally or entirely on purpose started a hope for us newbies to introduce ourselves. Hope you all are still doing well!

Ali
    Spectator

Hey there Justin, How’s it going? It seems that way on here, things pick up then slow back down again. Any ideas on how to keep it going?

I’ve just had a manic 3 weeks and with study nearly done for this academic year I’m feeling good.

What’s going on with everyone else?

Keep on smiling πŸ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

It may just be that way with 5th forums on this site. Just barely enough people post to keep certain topics afloat but not all. The problem with this one is that it turned into a topic of introductions….and many people don’t feel the need to come back for more after saying their peace. Of you wanted more coherent discussions you might want to make another for what you want to talk about.

Good luck with all the end of semester stuff Though.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

Γ—

Γ—
FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?
Γ—

Go up