Ace Rings

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, I never thought this would happen so close to home. 🙂

A couple weeks ago I was at a place in the neighboring town and I saw a guy wearing an ‘ace ring’ (a silver ring with the Ace of Spades at the front) on his middle finger. I went up and asked him about it, and sure enough, he was wearing it to symbolize his asexuality! I was pretty surprised honestly, I didn’t think the whole ace ring idea was popular, but a google search cleared that up for me haha. There are quite a few examples of Ace rings, the standard being a black/dark metalic band worn on the middle finger of the right hand, but also some some making use of the colors of the Ace flag.

Anyhow, I thought it might be cool to try this out myself and I just found a somewhat suitable one to wear. I have rather slim fingers apparently and it’s a size too small, but ’til I come across something better this will do. 🙂 I probably won’t wear it enough for anyone to notice… and even if they did, it’s not really shouting ‘ace’ like the guy’s I met was – but I’ll mention it if anything happens!

So… stories, rings, any other ace propaganda is welcome here. 🙂

Y ace ring

Anonymous
    Inactive

Aww cute story .. I’m considering getting an ace type ring of sorts!

Allison
    Spectator

I still think it is so cool that asexuality can be supported with the ace ring. I mean, as soon as I realized I was asexual it was my mission to go out and get one. I still wear that ring (it’s just plain black) but I’ve wanted to get a nice one (the one I got was really cheap.) I’d thought about getting a nice black ring and then getting the date I found I was asexual written on the inside of the ring. =)

I had a dream once that I met someone at school when I was going to college, and I saw that they were wearing a black ring and we both commented on each other’s as if we were a part of a secret club. Still the best dream ever.

Anonymous
    Inactive

hahahaha as a member of a few discreet groups, I completely get it. xD Also, I think it’s partially to do with the fact that the majority of us aces seem to be atypical in similar ways that perpetuates the feeling of secret brotherhood. And the fact that it’s black.

I’m going to be wearing my ring in public for the first time today.
    I’d give about a 99% guarantee no one will notice, but it’s fun nonetheless. 😉

Liz Elliot
    Spectator

I got mine off Amazon, it was pretty cheap and they’ve got loads of simple designs 🙂

Lenka
    Participant

Are you in contact with that guy? You should stay in touch with him!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nah, I happened to cross him while he was working so it wasn’t the best time to strike up a conversation.

Also, I should mention that he’s not the only Ace I’ve ever met – just the only one who identified as such, and made it apparent. Somehow, aces, demi’s and the sex-repulsed tend to gravitate towards me, and sexuals keep their distance haha. 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up