What instrument(s) do you play?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Izzy
    Participant

Just curious what instruments every plays in this music group. I play the violin personally.

Dan
    Participant

One of nicknames is Dandrum, so you guessed it: I play drums and all manner of percussion, ao drum set, doumbek, congas, bongos, African talking drums. I also play a bit of blues harp and do a really irritating impression of Bob Dylan singing Janis Joplin. That usually clears a room out. It’s also nigh impossible to play these things when you live in an apartment.

Hugh Freeman
    Participant

Guitar, bass, and a smattering of mandolin and banjo, though, to be fair, when I play the last two it’s just using bastardized guitar tricks. Guitar is my main instrument, and I’ve been playing a little over ten years now.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I play stand up bass also known as double bass, contra bass, upright bas etc. I also play bass guitar but I haven’t played it for as many years as my bass. I also play handbells(B4 and C5) but I can play any bells on the bass octave because I know most of the techniques and I read bass clef. (:

Hannah
    Participant

I am very good at the violin. I can also play the piano and guitar without chords ;( and I figured out that if you put an instrument in my hand I can play it….but being a cash starved artist I don’t have that opportunity alot

Alicia Smith
    Participant

I am Learning the violin, I hope I can be great at it

Anonymous
    Inactive

Electric/Acoustic guitar, piano. I taught myself to play both. I have messed around on a violin and bass before, but never owned one. I love instruments and I feel like I am quick to learn on a new instrument.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I play the violin/fiddle, sing (c’mon, you know it counts!), and have dabbled on the viola, flute, ukulele, and alto sax. I write music as a living. Also starving a bit like Hannah!

Savannah
    Participant

Alto-sax and piano, though it’s been a while since I played either. I kind of miss it, though my voice is probably my main “instrument”.

Raell5
    Spectator

I play piano, keyboard, electric base, skin drums, sing. I have messed around on easy instruments like harps (tuned like a piano), recorders, harmonicas, various percussion instruments, flute, cornet, saxophone.

I have played/sung with various bands and groups and been on the radio since I was very young, been on tours, sold records (back in late 60s, early 70s), made my own CDs of original works for friends only, constantly write new music for use in my various teaching assignments, since I can think of a tune or words as fast as I can play them, pretty much on the spot, in any genre.

I have been a studio musician and back-up singer for a live television show since most popular songs have predictable patterns and can be easily faked, even if I never heard them before.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I used to play piano when I was 7. Unfortunately, I left at 11 because of the great challenge it would suppose to combine high school and conservatory classes.

Who knows, playing the piano has been a benefitial point for my life, as I developed some skills and a love for classical music. Maybe I’ll take back those classes, despite I have forgotten the lessons, I still save an electric keyboard I used to practise.

Raell5
    Spectator

It seems like the piano gives people a solid basis for learning advanced music, although guitar is a popular choice for accompanying singing because it’s portable. After the piano, other instruments seem easy because most play only one note at a time, but hitting keys on a piano is comparatively easy.

Brigitte
    Participant

Really envy people who can play musical instruments! I used to play the keyboard, a long long time ago.

If ever I get the time and money to spend on lessons again, I would choose the keyboard. But this time just for fun! 🙂

Dan
    Participant

I live in a studio apartment so I can’t play drums in it as even small hand percussion would be too loud for the neighbors and I’d risk eviction. However, I recently heard about something called an Aerodrum and just might get it. Although not as good as hitting a real physical drum, it could be a decent solution to practicing in my small apartment regarding noise and limited space. With headphones it’s silent to the neighbors. I kid you not; it’s a real thing. See http://aerodrums.com/aerodrums-product-page/

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Dan.
    Dan
    Participant
    Allison
    Spectator

I play piano and I recently took up learning the cello (finally!)

Emerson L
    Spectator

I play piano and violin. Its true that violin seems easy after playing piano with both hands. But it takes some time to get the violin sounding good.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up