HELLO!!!

• This topic has 34 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Alicia Smith
    Participant

Hey guys, I’m Alicia
    I just recently discovered that I am asexual, but I always knew I was different. But anyways, I didn’t discover the asexual community until yesterday, and I gotta say…it feels SOOOO good to talk to people who understand!

So who are you guys???

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, I’m Derek.
    I discovered asexuality about a year ago. It still felt like way too long, I was 23. I had known forever that I was less interested in sex than my friends, but my decent libido confused me. It was so great to discover I wasn’t alone.

Alicia Smith
    Participant

I kind of see everything in a new light now, My friends and I always considered me an alien because I never had those “natural human urges”, and so I thought for the longest time that something was wrong with me. Asexual was a new term for me, I had heard it a couple times in the past but I never knew what it was. I didn’t start doing research on it until just recently when someone told me that I might be asexual…and the rest is history. I feel like I understand myself better now, and I don’t feel so alone.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Okay, here is the deal. I have just recently realized that I very well may be an asexual, and came to this website (as well as a few forums) seeking a community of people who could make me feel less “alone”. I have never been driven to have sex, and lost my virginity because I thought it was something I needed to do (a “don’t knock it until you try it”, sort of thing). Sex is uncomfortable for me, physiologically and psychologically. I recently got out of a relationship with someone who IS sexually driven, because there was a lack of basic understanding on his part. He has even gone so far as to make a profile on this website and send me nasty messages. I am hoping that I can find acceptance and a sense of fraternity on Asexualitic, while I learn to not be ashamed of how I am. In the interim, does anyone know how to “block” my ex so that I no longer have to worry about his interference?

Alicia Smith
    Participant

I think there’s a “report user” button by the “add friend” button…but I’m not sure about a block button :/ WOW, he sounds like a douche bag!

But anyways, no, you are not alone. I always avoided relationships because I felt like something was wrong with me. My friends thought I was weird and I felt inhuman. But I feel so much better now that I understand about asexuality…like a heavy weight got lifted off my shoulders and I understand myself better than I ever did.
    Never be ashamed of who you are, I’m sure you’re an awesome person. 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I avoided relationships, too, until I discovered I’m asexual. Now I know what I want, and I want it so much more.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Before this recent break in habit, I have always avoided relationships too… and after all I have experienced, I think I need to return to that way of life. I cannot imagine that I am going to meet anyone, in my backward, backwoods, Deliverance-esque hometown that is open to accepting me for who I am. It is so extremely foreign to their frame of mind, that I don’t think it possible for them to accept asexuality as a legitimate sexual orientation. Even my own parents, relatives and friends believe it to be complete BS.

Alicia Smith
    Participant

Right on Derek, I feel the same, it’s just so hard to find people who are thousands of miles away.

I don’t blame you girl, there’s a lot of people like that, it seems practically impossible to find another asexual nearby, not to mention, that we fall for people just like others…just without the sexual bit, so not only are we looking for another asexual, they have to be someone we can fall for.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Brooklynn NewYorkk, I’m really sorry to here about that. My family and parents and stuff also think asexual is kinda bs and it sucks. But you’re amongst your own here. 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m not out to anyone I think wouldn’t approve. That means I’m only out to my parents and sister. They were accepting after doing some research.

I live in a very religious small town. It sucks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey there ! I recognize myself in what you say! I’ve always felt different from my friends who talked and thought all the time about sex. But I knew the term “asexual” there are only 2 or 3 years. With a TV show. It was like a revelation lol, I thought to myself “this is it”. Frankly, it made me much good to know that there were many people like me 🙂

Ps: m’y english is sometimes HORRIBLE, so, sorry if there is something you don’t understand

Alicia Smith
    Participant

Hey Ridha, I’ve seen worse English, so you’re all good 🙂
    I wish I learned the term “asexual” sooner than I did, but it really was like a revelation. And it’s great to know there are many others out there who I can really relate to.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Haha Thanks 😀
    And yes, it feels good to know we’re not alone ^^. But I’m not a guy who stress, but the fact of thinking that I wasn’t “normal” was quite difficult. I was like “why I don’t feel the same as everyone else?”. And then I discovered asexuality and I finally said that I wasn’t abnormal, just different from most people : )

Alicia Smith
    Participant

Yes! Exactly!

Rowena
    Participant

hey there all 🙂 Im also new on that site, Im not a native speaker, so my english ma sound a bit weird sometimes 😀 I always knew I was a bit different, first I dressed like a boy when I was 12 or so, because my parents always made jokes about me, being older and having a boyfriend… I hated what they said and tried to rebel. Later on many of my friends thought I will never have a boyfriend…I just didnt seem interested in boys in a sexual way, I adored everyone as friends for sure…but sex was always an alien term for me. It went so far that I almost puked when I imagined people having sex…Now I can deal better with it. Im certainly sure Im in the right body, I struggeled with that feelings as well when I was 12. Didnt know If Im a boy or a girl…now Im sure Im a girl 🙂 BUt still Im different from many other girls, I dont talk about fashion and Im not interested in Tv shows, other I like many guy things, going outside, camping, I find girly things often pretty boring and its always the same…I experienced I can talk so much better to guys..still I found very good female friends that are like sisters for me 🙂 But Im thankfull that I found this site! I also already had a boyfriend 2 years ago. I always felt I didnt fullfill his needs, sex felt strange and I never felt like wanting it. I cant talk with anyone with that, but Im happy to see that other people feel the same

Alicia Smith
    Participant

Wow Rowena, that sounds very tough, I never had to struggle with my identity like that…But I’m glad that you also now understand yourself better, and you can always talk to us.

Rowena
    Participant

thanks a lot then 🙂

Carynne
    Participant

Hi Alicia and Group! Very glad to see this forum. I signed up for this site … maybe a month or so ago (?) But never really saw anyone on it so I gave up for awhile. Ridha- you are right. It definitely feels good to know we aren’t alone. I always thought there was something wrong with me. It took me a long time to learn asexuality was a real thing and I am a lot more comfortable with myself now. Anyway I dont actually have anything of interest to say 🙂 just wanted to say hello and hopefully keep the thread going a little longer. Cheers!

Anonymous
    Inactive

So, “welcome” Carynne ! oh, you can talk like you want, I also say uninteresting things sometimes : )

Carynne
    Participant

LOL thank you Ridha 😀

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up