Questioning

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Keri
    Spectator

So, I’ve been questioned whether or not I’m asexual. I’ve read a lot of definitions of it and in my experience, I can fall in love but I want a see friendship more than romantic with little affection. People have told me that I can’t be asexual because friendships can be affectionate. Also, I am curious about sex but I would only do it with someone I respect and love, and for me that bond takes Tim to develop. So if someone could help me clear this up a bit that would be great.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Your asking the same question i’ve been asking myself for years…i love romance or being romantic and giving affection….i have had full sexual relations in the past ..i am also a terrible flirt…but for me sex was never that important , to others its a must..like you said in time..i possilbly would go back to a sexual relationship …but i have not had a full sexual relationship for hmm ten years…and i can’t say i miss it …but i do miss the affection and love only a woman could give me..so am i asexual?..again like you not 100% sure at the moment ..but do i need sex ..no!!…so im slightly confused myself..cheers Paul

Keri
    Spectator

Perhaps we’re demisexual? From what I’ve been told, its being romantically and sexually attracted to your soul mate, and you are both aware of it only she you met for the first time.

This is all so confusing,but I know that I care for the time, loyalty and friendship that I have with that person.

Yea! I found out more about my self thanks to you guys. I’m also demi.

Kyra Wiley
    Spectator

I’m demi too! You can be affectionate or even have sex and still be asexual. If you’re asexual you never have an intrinsic desire to have sex. If you’re gray-asexual you have the desire for sex very rarely. If you’re demisexual then you want to have sex with someone only after you’ve formed a bond with them romantically.
    So to my understanding if you’re willing to have sex out of curiosity or to please your partner but not to fulfill your personal drive thats asexual.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up