Inactive members

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Senka
    Spectator

Hi
    I was wondering if I am the only one thinking that the members here are very inactive.
    I’m new to all this and I really just want to talk to someone who’s going/has been through the same. But no one ever replies to my messages. Either the members are inactive or its just me (I’m hoping that it isn’t just me).
    Does anyone else think the same?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah, the problem is known. Also seems lot of members are shy and don’t take much initiative.

Which is hardly surprising considering how we get treated on other social media…

Jorie
    Spectator

I agree — it’s kind of discouraging, but at the same time, this seems like the most active site for asexual-spectrum people. Am I wrong? Do you know of any more active sites or anything?

Senka
    Spectator

I’ve heard of asexuality.org but I haven’t visited the site yet.

I’m trying to become a member of a couple of Facebook groups… hoping that people will be more active there.

I have only told two people about my asexuality, so I haven’t been ridiculed and honestly I don’t pay much attention to bullies on social media. Every brainless loser can post their opinion now, and their opinions don’t matter.

Jorie
    Spectator

I joined facebook groups too — hopefully since people are on facebook anyway, they’ll pay attention to the groups! Do you remember which groups you joined?

Rachel
    Participant

Very common for ace websites to be quiet and largely inactive. A lot of factors play into that.

Ace-book.net is another dating/community site. However, I have not been there for many, many a moon. Probably will be similarly active.
    Asexuality.org, otherwise known as AVEN, is the OG ace website. They have forums for support, but not intended for dating.

PS. If you are ever interested a Skype group(see in forum post), we have a nice little group of members there.

Senka
    Spectator

I’ve joined Asexual Singles and my membership request is still pending for Asexuality. Hopefully they will be more active.
    I’ve thought of just becoming a member of as many groups/sites as possible just to be able to meet/talk to other aces. It really seems impossible.

There is a book: Asexual Perspectives: 47 Asexual stories: love, life and sex, ACElebration of asexual diversity by Sandra Bellamy, I’m reading at the moment. You can get it on Kindle (probably also as a physical book).

Rachel I’ll check out your Skype group. It seems like a fun thing.

Sandra
    Participant

Hi Senka

Awww, thanks for reading my Asexual Perspectives book, yeah, it is available in Kindle or paperback here http://amzn.to/2eCLkIc Let me know what you think of the book, and if you enjoy it, please leave a review on Amazon, as it really helps other asexuals and to raise more awareness of asexuality.

Have you joined my ace dating group and friends groups yet???

http://wwww.facebook.com/groups/acexualisedating

http://wwww.facebook.com/groups/acefriendsrus

Senka
    Spectator

Hi Sandra

Thank you for the info. I have sent a request to join your groups 🙂

As soon as I finish the book, I’ll leave a review. Its refreshing to read about real people and their experiences. You can relate and you can learn. Thank you Sandra.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up